The Internet certainly is an amazing thing! We at GWS are fascinated by this massive informational system and marketing tool. We have pooled together a list of some of the most amazing Internet facts to share with you:
- As of August 2019, the International Space Station has the fasted Internet speed than most of us.
- Humans make up only 49% of the Internet’s traffic.
- It took 4 years for the Internet to reach an audience of 50 million. Comparatively, it took the telephone 75 years, the radio 38 years, and TV 13 years.
- As of 2020, 306.4 billion emails are sent every day worldwide.
- There are well over 1 billion websites worldwide, though that number changes daily.
- The first website went live on August 6, 1991 and was created by Tim Berners-Lee. Here’s the address: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
- In 2020, 4.28 billion people worldwide access the Internet via a handheld device.
- As of February 2021, there are about 5.4 billion Google searches daily.
- In 2020, nearly 356 billion U.S. dollars were spent on digital advertising.
How you rank on search engines matters:
- The #1 search result listing on Google sees 18.2% of total click through traffic.
- The #2 listing will see 10.1%, while the #3 spot will have 7.2% of click through traffic.
- The #4 search result listing on Google will receive 4.8% – and the rest will see less than 2% of click through traffic.
- So, in summary, the top 10 results on Google will see a total average of 52.32% of click through traffic. For Bing, this number totals about 26.32%.
With all of this occurring on the Internet, how can your company afford to not be online? Call our Bakersfield office today to schedule your no obligation website design appointment!